Friday, November 12, 2010

Two Days Until We Leave...

It is hard to believe that we are leaving in two days to go meet and adopt our son. The shopping is done, the bags are almost packed... Sam and I vacillate between excitement, anxiety, terror, and all the way back again. We cannot wait to meet Robi! And we are so concerned for him. I have spent hours trying to imagine what this will be like for him... changing families, leaving his foster home with near-strangers, a new language, a new family culture, a new continent eventually... it's so much! We've been praying that the Lord would give Robi a supernatural peace and protect him from fear. 
My awesome friend Pam McLemore came over yesterday and got us excited! She brought us a list of places to go and see and was gushing enthusiasm for Budapest!
I'm too scatter-brained to write very coherently... more later:)

7 comments:

  1. WHAT?!?!?!?!? How have I missed this?!?!?!? I am so excited for you and him! I'll be covering you in prayerand can't wait to follow along!
    Blessings
    JOy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my sweet friend, praying for you, sam, and your little boy! I loved seeing his picture! I'm so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robi will be fine because of all the love you are bringing him. Praying for your trip and your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so excited! I am praying for you all to have supernatural joy, peace and faith. Robi will pick this up and will be attracted to the anointing of God on you and Sam. Remember that it is the anointing that breaks the yoke of bondage. Fear is bondaage and God wants you to be free, free, free! It's all going to work out. Don't be moved by what you see....believe God is at work and all will be well.
    We love all three of you!
    Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for getting Robi!!! Can't wait to meet my nephew! I'm so excited for you guys. I will be praying for you and Sam and Robi. :) I love you guys!
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a small miracle how quickly it has worked out. God speed with all your travels and with Mary Beth as she is alone there for a while. Love "Ms" Barbara.

    ReplyDelete