Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Play Day 2


Hello Friends and Family,
We had another good day, much like yesterday. We both woke up feeling pretty badly... Sam's ankle hurt and I felt sick... but God is so gracious and allowed us both to feel better and play all day. I think I jogged 17 miles today chasing Robi, who is faster than me, and carried him another several! Robi still will not let Sam carry him (and Sam can't really jog on his ankle) and we were all over the place today so I got quite a workout!
Today we were with George, Marian, and the driver again, but we added a new pal, Adam (who turns out to be the famous videographer of the Robi dvd). He is about Sam's age maybe and speaks good English. He was a lot of fun to have around because he would translate a lot of what Robi was saying to us, and was much firmer than Marian in helping to control Robi.
When we walked into the foster home today Robi was clinging to his foster mom and wouldn't look at us, but we didn't push him and very soon, he was playing with me from across the room. No tears when we left this time. Also Adam told us that Robi had been excited we were coming and watching at the window, but got shy when we got there. God is so Amazing!
We drove to the park and there were no nasty kids there today. We played soccer on the basketball court and re-discovered the universal common word "Goal!" We all got lots of goals. Even me.
Robi loves, loves, loves Thomas the train so we planned to go on a train ride. The timing didn't work out but we saw a train up close ("wow" is also a common word!) and got to get inside one for a minute. Robi loved it.
We hit up McDonald's again for lunch (not my choice people!) and this time Robi sat on Sam's lap for 5-10 minutes! It was very good. He plays with Sam and talks to him but does not want to be held or touched. Adam says he has a very close relationship with his foster dad and brushes off other men. But we are getting there.
We walked to a famous ancient castle from the Turk war; it was incredible and had an incredible view of the city, but I was mostly concerned with preventing Robi from jumping off the castle walls or rolling down into an ancient moat, which he was very determined to do. Sam, Robi and I wandered off by ourselves for the first time and were probably just the 3 of us for 20 minutes. We had no problems at all.
A very fun thing about having Adam with us was to see how incredible mush we are communicating with Robi, and he with us. He is very smart, and very verbal and I have felt like he is responding to specific things I say, but of course I don't know. So today I said "Look at those beautiful flowers" and he said something like "The flowers are very nice". Incredible. When Sam and I were wandering the castle with Robi, at one point he commanded us to sit down on a rock bench... it was so clear... and he did a little monologue and brought us some rocks to eat. So funny.
I wish I could put up pics and videos but we can't yet.Can't wait to show everyone our castle adventures later.
Robi fell asleep in the car again and slept the whole way home.
On the trip from Robi's house to the hotel we had an almost hour-long Hungarian lesson from Adam, who in the end, told us our Hungarian is "very bad."
We got home at a reasonable time today and Sam is getting to study some.
Tomorrow we go "to the government." It will be Robi's last night with his foster family. It blows my mind the way life is changing for all of us.
Thank you for praying for us. 

8 comments:

  1. Dear Ones,
    Lots of people are praying for Sam's ankle and I am astounded at God's magnificent answers to so many people's prayers for you. He is so good and it is so evident that He is doing great things! I can't wait to have Robi here and play in the leaves and take him to McD;s and to church and play with him while you teach ballet. We can look at bugs and try to catch birds and go for a wild ride in the wagon! I am so glad I am still young enough to play with him! Tell him I love him, too! That we all do. He has so many people waiting to love him! What a blessing family is! Can't wait to see you two, also. Much love and kisses to you. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read about your adventures, and even better to see how our great Father is answering prayer! Will be praying still for Sams ankle and especially for the transition tomorrow.....
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious little thing. praying hard for the big day and first night with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MB, I'm so ecstatically happy for you & Sam & Robi-a little sad for him & his foster family as i know it must be so hard for them although surely they knew this day would come. I have teared up so many times reading your blog; I, too, re-read them! I cannot wait to meet your precious son...next to becoming a Christian, becoming a momma is the BEST thing that has ever happened to me! You already are beginning, but you wil continue to be forever, irreversibly changed...and it is AWESOME! I love you sweet friend & continue to pray...see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Katy would have loved to meet Robi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Mary Beth, Sam, and Robi (!!!),
    We are so excited for you and glad that things are going so well. Your blog is wonderful and I am thankful that you can share this experience with us. Isn't technology great??!! Robi sounds so precious and we can't wait to meet him! You two are already awesome parents! Robi is a very lucky little boy! We are praying for you and for Robi's foster family. It must be such a comfort for them to see how very much you love Robi and to see what a precious family you are. Praying for Sam's ankle and for a smooth transition - and for many, many blessings for you all! God is so good!! Much love, Aunt Laura (Uncle Jeff, James, Carol & Buzz, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! BEAUTIFUL! OK, scenery is just a bonus, Robi is amazing too! So my words that I can say to him when I see him shall be "WOW", "Cia", "Goal!", and "Goodbye", and something about "flowers". Got it.

    ReplyDelete