Saturday, November 13, 2010

Adoption Eve

We are leaving tomorrow! I can't believe it. I am so thankful for all the help we have had... the last two weeks, and especially this week, were so chaotic. I really did not think I could get done what needed to get done. I'm so thankful for my friends who threw a shower for RObi and helped provide so many wonderful gifts for him. My sweet mom and sister Kate have worked like slaves doing un-fun things like cleaning all the floors, addressing thank-you notes, and making copies for Sam to study on the plane.
Today I am making sure we have all the important documents we need, picking up the house, running a couple of last-minute, non-essential errands, and maybe even going to see my friend William's football game. Sam is making fun of me because I have been thinking about my "meeting-Robi" outfit... like a 3-year-old boy cares what sweater I am wearing:)
Thank you for all your notes, and kind words, and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. have been and will continue to pray for you and Sam, and of course, Robi! I've been asking God to work in his heart.....that he'll be full of excitement and not anxiety and fear, and that there will be a special bond between you two and the foster family and Robi.
    I hope you'll be able to keep us all updated while in Hungary!

    Praying for safe travels, and excellent health!

    Godspeed....
    Linette McMahon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know what the time difference is between here and there, but you've all been on my mind since the time I woke up this morning. Trusting the Lord in prayer for you, Sam, and sweet Robi plus all the wonderful extended family and friends. What an exciting day!! Can't wait to see the gotcha photos!! I'm already anxious for you all to be home - how crazy am I?! Yay, Robi!! Love yall.

    ReplyDelete