Sunday, December 5, 2010

Travels...

After much drama, bad weather, canceled flights, layovers, missing cabs, and long, long travel days, Sam has made it home and Andrea has made it to us. We are so thankful! Andrea and Robi are sleeping and I think Sam is taking a nap:) I am so jealous that he is home.
Robi is having a hard time with Sam being gone. It is so sad to me. He acts silly and nonchalant when people try to explain where Apa is, but he can't fool his Anya! We're having lots of problems that are not typical. I am reminding myself all day long, that in a few months he will barely remember this (hopefully!) because I hate, hate, hate to see him upset and disoriented! Every time we walk into the room or to breakfast downstairs, he looks for Apa:( Poor guy!
We had a few successes though in the last few days... we made it to the grocery store for one! I love visiting other countries... it's wonderful and there are many wonderful things... but we are sure darn efficient in the U.S.A. and I always miss it! I was laughing (and praying for help) at how ridiculous getting groceries is. We walked in the cold, cold and the snow, under the interstate to the cramped little grocery store. Thankfully we found everything we needed and waited in the scariest long line I have ever seen. One reason it was scary was the whole wait was lined with hundreds of desirable chocolate items, all within Robi's reach. I thought we were doomed. However, God and Robi surprised me- Robi obeyed perfectly: did not touch, did not scream, and did not kick people or things (he likes to kick when he is bored in his stroller). I was so happy. Then we made it home which was tricky because I had to carry all the groceries, and Robi in his stroller, up and down lots of stairs to cross under the interstate. Oh how thankful I am for cars, heaters, and Publix!
Another success was that Robi counted to ten (in English!) by himself! I made a huge fuss over him, so he did it three more times, then dropped to his knees, pulled his shirt over his head, and yelled "Goal!": a trick Apa taught him. Apparently it's a good way to celebrate soccer and counting lessons.
We went to church today. Sort of. We went to nursery today. Robi was sweet to the children, even the mean ones, and shared his toys. He told the teacher he likes English. I am so glad! Sometimes I feel like we are just giving him a migraine! I think he loves seeing other people and getting a break from English and me! I would want a break from me too, after 24/7 for 3 weeks!
Tomorrow Andrea and I are planning an excursion to the zoo and a castle. We are hoping to keep Ro busy with fun things until Apa comes back. (Ok, who am I kidding... we are keeping ME busy until Sam comes back!) We miss him so much!
That's all folks!

4 comments:

  1. So glad Sam and Andrea both arrived safely! And so encouraged to read of your successes and triumphs! I will keep you all in my prayers this week.....for Robi to be entertained and distracted from his Apa's absence; for safety as you go on your adventures; for Sam as he studies and takes exams; and for safe travel for all their return destinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear MB
    We were so joyful to see Sam's wonderful smile after his grueling 24 hours of travel. He is so happy to be a daddy and to be married to you. We are rejoicing at all the Lord is doing for you and are grateful for His building of your family. We are grateful to Andrea for being there with you and are praying for you to have lots of fun together. I have the sweetest image burned into my heart and mind of seeing Robi's face light up when he saw his Apa Sam. My gracious, God is good! We love you and are always praying for you. Love and hugs to all, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary Beth - what's with" "I think he loves seeing other people and getting a break from English and me! I would want a break from me too, after 24/7 for 3 weeks!"
    He should find you as delightful and adorable as you are - - - just like your Grand-parents do!
    Hang in there - you're making great progress! Just wait until his Aunts, Uncle, Grand-parents and Great Grand-parents all grab for him - he may want to swim back to Hungary to get away from that "mob"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Thanks Grandpa. I am looking forward to being familiar instead of scary!

    ReplyDelete