Friday, December 24, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

We made it!
Thanks, I am very sure, to much prayer on our behalf, no flights we canceled and we are not spending Christmas in an airport!
We had a long (25 hour) travel day. I was a complete mess; the last two days before we left I only slept about 4 hours each night, and I can't sleep on planes. I felt like a walking dead person and poor Sam had to take care of Robi and me. We didn't think about actually have to really go through immigration... since we had an immigrant with us! Then one of our bags was lost, so it was 3 hours after our flight landed that we finally left the airport. Mom and Dad were there to meet us with an awesome American flag, which Robi loved. Mom cried and Robi had fun playing with them in the airport.
We went to sleep around 8:30 and were all wide awake by 3:45am... hard to get over jetlag with a 3 year old! Thankfully we all felt rested... I have been super hyper all day! By 6:30 this morning I had baked a quiche, had breakfast with my boys, unpacked our 4 suitcases, done a load of laundry and bathed Robi!
Robi and I went out early to find a present for Sam and to meet Johanna, Bruce and Baby George, who Robi loves and adores. he kissed and hugged George 10 times! So sweet. Then we visited with my grandparents, parents, and sisters and had a great time. It's fun that Robi is an exravert... he loves new people!
We came home around noon and Robi is sound asleep. Hopefully tonight we will go to the candlelight service at church and then have dinner with the family. I LOVE BEING HOME!
And now... (drumroll) introducing Robi McLure!!!!!




7 comments:

  1. AWESOME PICTURES Can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! I'm SO glad you all are home safe and sound! I've had so much fun with little Robi. I love him. I am praising God that you were able to be home for Christmas!!! HOORAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for yall! I teared up reading your post and seeing your pictures. Such a beautiful and loving family! You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations - what a beautiful little guy!!!

    i just wanted to introduce myself - i'm linda and my husband emmanuel and i are also adopting from hungary and are expecting our referral within the next few days - yahoo!!

    would love to touch base with you about your travel experiences. we are bringing our six year old son with us and anything i can do to make it easier on him would be great to know :-)

    congrats again - so excited for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you need to update your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I wanted to leave a comment and say congratulations on your new addition! We adopted our son from Hungary over 3-1/2 years ago and I'm always excited to meet kindred spirits who have done the same. :) You have a beautiful son, I'm really happy for you and your family.
    By the way, I heard about you through the Wagner adoption facebook page, in case you are wondering. :)
    Blessings, Tami Recke

    ReplyDelete