Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sam is supposed to be on a plane from ATL to Paris in 30 minutes, and I am so excited that I can't sleep. Which is stupid because I didn't sleep at all last night! So i am listening to Robi snore and praying about the weather. 
Today it snowed and snowed and snowed. I sat feeling very helpless in the hotel for half the morning (thinking I couldn't take Robi out in the bad weather without Sam), then remembered that I used to be a fairly functional, independent, adventuresome person before I got married and had a 3 year old. I flew across the ocean by myself at 14 for gosh sake! So I bundled Robi up and bundled myself up and decided to learn the tram and go on a tour of Parliament. I thought it was probably a bad idea to take my crazy 3 year old on a guided hour long tour, but I wanted to go and he can say the word "Parliament" (which makes him very mature) so off we went. Robi had a blast on "Thomas" and it was very easy to get there (except for the darn stroller). It was snowing so much! We walked all the way around Parliament, Robi agreed that it was beautiful, and we discovered that there were no more tickets for the day! Boo! So we played in the snow and took pictures and went on another ride on "Thomas".  It was a nice way to pass a few hours at least. I'm still determined to take Robi on a tour, even though he won't remember. 

One of the best and most funny parts of this adventure is learning a language from a 3 year old. When I studied French I learned your standard: 
"My name is Mary Beth."
"I have 4 sisters and one brother."
"I would like some bread please. "
I can read a menu, say "un" and "une" and know lots of nouns.
My Hungarian, on the other hand, consists of:
"I need to/ Do you need to pee?"
"I need to/ Do you need to poo?"
"Yes"
"No"
Hungry
Thirsty
"Not allowed!"
Scared/ not scared
Hurt/not hurt
School
Slowly!
Come here
Train
Car
Stop!
I also know a few numbers, although not in the right order! Robi's English counting is already better than his Hungarian counting.
Tonight I ordered sushi in, watched some tv, played trains, and spent a couple of hours trying to get Ro to fall asleep. He might understand that Sam is coming back... maybe he is as excited as I am. But I doubt it. 

Hopefully, the next time I blog Sam will be here and there will be great rejoicing. And maybe a tour of Parliament.
Much Love!
Robi hiding... I am sneaky!

4 comments:

  1. Dear Mary Beth,
    I look forward to new postings on your blog and check several times a day. I'm so excited when I find a new one. :) So glad you and Robi had a fun outing in the snow. You are indeed, a very capable and resourceful young woman! But I know you will be glad when you dear helpmate Sam returns. Praying for safe travel and for lots of hugs and happiness for you all! Much love, Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prayed for Sam's travels today as I shopped. So glad to see a post from you, however I'm sad to see you not sleeping.....but I understand!
    Will continue to pray for you all......and will be watching for the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so jealous you went to parliament! i wish so bad i felt well enough to go. but, so proud of you for getting out!! and ordering sushi in!!! LOVE THE PIC OF ROBI HIDING. hope you are having a great day. i'll try to download skype.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some how I sense a lot of peace from this post and it makes me smile. :) Enjoyed visiting with Sam for a little while when Sam was in Montgomery. Can't wait til you are all home. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete